Child Custody Resources Barking

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

Sherrard Solicitors
020 85145064
31B Green Lane
Sharpfields & Co
020 85940010
Trocoll House
Chelvathamby & Sons
020 84785476
392 Ilford Lane
Sternberg Reed Taylor & Gill
020 85913366
Focal House
Bart Williams & Co
020 85143454
97A Ilford Lane
Mullinger Banks
020 82217030
86 Romford Road
Ifrahim Solicitors
020 89119222
468 Ilford Lane
Skanthabalan Solicitors
020 85552710
150 The Grove
Cotisens Solicitors Ltd
020 85948683
3A Station Parade
Advocates Solicitors
020 85535656
6 Connaught Road
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns

What: Where: