Child Custody Resources Blackpool

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

Gerard Coyle
01253 711700
16 St. Georges Road
Lytham St Annes
Mitch Sarangi
01253 711700
16 St. Georges Road
Lytham St Annes
Apfel Carter
01253 725265
28-30 Park Road
Lytham St Annes
Thornton & Co
01253 782808
325 Clifton Drive South
Lytham St Annes
Glassbrooks Ltd
01253 643700
1 York Road
Lytham St Annes
Michael A Leckey
01253 726100
284 Clifton Dr South
Lytham St Annes
Bradshaws Hamer Park & Howarth
01253 724251
298 Clifton Drive South
Lytham St Annes
W H Darbyshire & Son
01253 736134
51 Commonside
Lytham St Annes
01253 781010
24 Park Road
Lytham St Annes
Ian Snipe & Co
01253 844444
30 Orchard Road
Lytham St Annes
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns

What: Where: