Child Custody Resources Cornwall

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

Property Search Group
01209 820814
8 Croft Row
Howell Hylton
01209 613014
24 Cross Street
Cornish & Birtill
01736 362313
35 Market Place
Hine Downing
01326 316655
8-10 Berkeley Vale
Davies Partnership
01326 573767
43 Meneage Street
Godolphin Chambers
01872 276312
23 Frances Street
T C Le Grice
01736 362750
The Office
Davies Partnership
01872 553131
6 Vicarage Road
St Agnes
John Boyle & Co
01209 213507
The Square
Brains Solicitors
01872 276363
29 Lemon Street
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns