Child Custody Resources Grimsby

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

Sentley R Wilson Company Solicitors
01472 500504
47 Hainton Avenue
H K & H S Bloomer & Co
01472 350711
28 Hainton Avenue
Bridge Mcfarland Granville Chapman
01472 311711
19 South St. Marys Gate
E C Lidster & Co
01472 348417
Nelson Street
Paul Rudd
01472 350881
Riverhead Chambers
Grange Wintringham Solicitors
01472 253900
St Marys Chambers
Wilkin Chapman Solicitors
01472 262626
New Oxford House
Beetenson & Gibbon
01472 240251
Lauriston House
Michael Culshaw & Co
01472 251251
Temple Chambers
Symes Bains Solicitors
01472 360991
10 Abbey Walk
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns

What: Where: