Child Custody Resources Hartlepool

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

R Bell & Son
01429 273165
32A Victoria Road
Donnelly Adamson
01429 274732
155-155A York Road
Braid Lupton & Dunkerley
01429 274343
80-82 York Road
A N Jackson & Co
01429 234324
Havelock House
Smith Malcolm & Partners
01429 232204
24 Victoria Road
Smith & Graham
01429 271651
Church Square Chambers
Levinson Martin A Solicitor
01429 264101
York Chambers
Wilson & Co Ltd
01429 869523
56 Avenue Road
Mcardle Solicitors
01429 866542
44 Victoria Road
Yz Consultants Ltd
01429 424609
57 Harvester Close
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns

What: Where: