Child Custody Resources Kingston

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

Powell Callen Solicitors
020 85464278
Kingston Upon Thames
Carter Bells
020 89394000
Kings Stone House
Kingston Upon Thames
Roberta Davidson
020 83996704
66 Kings Drive
Colemans Ctts Solicitors
0208 296 9966
Kingston Upon Thames
Kingston Upon Thames
Russell Cooke
020 85466111
Bishops Palace House
Kingston Upon Thames
020 85497444
89-91 Clarence St
Kingston Upon Thames
Bridge-Burke Solicitors
020 89728018
22-24 Thames Street
Kingston Upon Thames
Kingston & Richmond Law Centre
020 85472882
50 Canbury Park Road
Kingston Upon Thames
Dunn & Co
020 85411332
3-5 Apple Market
Kingston Upon Thames
Anthony Stokoe
020 85494282
4 Clifton Road
Kingston Upon Thames
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns

What: Where: