Child Custody Resources Lowestoft

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

Goodwin Cowley
01502 532700
3 Regent Road
M Smith
01502 511977
485 London Road South
Proffitt & Mann
01502 538582
Seaview House
Mears Hobbs & Durrant
01502 583621
Somerset House
01502 532300
23 Alexandra Road
Dunne & Crome
01502 573307
17-21 Clapham Road
Norton Peskett Ltd
01502 533000
148 London Road North
01502 573241
Victoria Chambers
Khalaf & Co
01502 565559
Riverside Business Centre
Powleys Solicitors
01502 581121
17 Grove Road
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns

What: Where: