Child Custody Resources Sheffield

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

Robert Grayson Solicitor
0114 2684815
50 Endcliffe Glen Road
Robin Mason Solicitor
0114 2665666
36 Marlborough Road
Wake Smith Ltd
0114 2666660
68 Clarkehouse Road
Proddow Mackay
0114 2493311
Walsh Court
Wake Smith
0114 2760791
32 Wilkinson Street
James Peters & Co
0114 2788900
Kendall House
Morton Price Ltd
0114 2664141
Belmayne House
F W Meggitt & Co
0114 2727955
2 Broad Lane
Ams Law Ltd
0114 2752888
35-47 North Church Street
Wrigleys Solicitors
0114 2675588
Fountain Precinct
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns

What: Where: