Child Custody Resources Wirral

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

Paul Lucas & Co
01296 484022
8-12 Temple Street
David Wilgoose
020 74936151
80 Brook Street
Peter Edwards Law Ltd
0151 6326699
8 Market Street
Stephens & Scown
01872 265100
Richmond Villa
Caldicotts Solicitors
01568 614168
21 Burgess Street
E Edwards Son & Noice
01277 658551
139 High Street
Timothy Kench & Co
01494 864153
Suite 6 Chequers Parade
Great Missenden
Sloan & Co
020 79172865
212 Piccadilly
Graham & Rosen Ltd
01482 323123
8 Parliament Street
Howe & Co
0500 823958
40 Uxbridge Road
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns

What: Where: