Child Custody Resources Wolverhampton

Child custody is a major issue that divorcing couples need to deal with and it can be contentious if the two parties cannot compromise. If you're going through a divorce and there are children involved, make sure you know your rights as a parent and learn about ways to come to agreements that suit all parties, particularly the children. Continue reading to learn more about child custody resources and get information on local companies and providers that will help you in your search.

P J Caddick
01902 428121
47 Queen Street
Salhan & Co
0121 6056000
45 Queen Street
01902 420261
7 Waterloo Road
Challinors Lyon Clark Solicitors
01902 429131
Process Servers Agency Bureau
0870 8791865
Legal Centre
Morris Read & Co
01902 420973
51 Waterloo Road
Fbc Manby Bowdler Llp
01902 578000
George House
Bayliss & Amos
01902 714109
24 Waterloo Road
01902 772778
21 Waterloo Road
Malcolm Legal Services Ltd
01902 427332
9 Bushbury Lane
Data Provided by:

Child Custody Advice, Help & Information

Child Custody & Residence Advice


No orders regarding children are automatically made on divorce. You must file a 'Statement of Arrangements' detailing agreements about what will happen with the children - where they will live, contact arrangements, which school they will attend etc. You can get these forms from your local court and complete them yourself or with the help of a solicitor . Both parties must sign the form.

If agreement can not be reached you can apply to the court to resolve the issue where they will make decisions based on the welfare of the child.

The court can make these orders and the following terminology is used:

  • A Residence Order (previously known as Custody) - where and with whom a child will live.
  • A Contact Order (previously known as an Access Order) - this states who should be allowed contact with the child.
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this order prevents specific actions in relation to a child, for example taking them from the country.
  • Specific Issue Order - this relates to a specific issue for a child such as schooling.

Click here to read the rest of this article from Newton Mearns